Peru. The Consultative Council of Radio and Television of Peru, ConcorTV, presented its most recent study that reveals that 65% of Peruvians prefer pay TV to access audiovisual content.
The "Quantitative Study on Radio and Television Consumption 2017", a survey applied to 9,714 adults from 20 cities in the country, from the urban and rural areas, showed among the main results:
- Television continues to be the medium of greatest consumption (98%), followed by radio (86%), newspapers (72%), and Internet (66%).
- Television is considered the most informative (50%) and entertaining (57%), but unlike in previous years, paid TV (cable or satellite) is rated as more entertaining than open-signal TV (free).
- The 13% indicates using OTT platforms (Netflix, Movistar Play, Claro Video, etc.).
- The radio is considered the most plural (29%) and neutral (27%). The cities where there is a greater consumption of this medium are: Puno (95%), Huaraz (94%) and Cusco (92%).
- Newsreels and reality shows are favorite TV shows: America Noticias First Edition (20%), 90 News (18%), Esto Es Guerra (13%), América Noticias Central Edition (12%) and Central News ATV (10%).
- The 61% considers that the state media TV Peru and Radio Nacional have good programming, and regarding the channel for children and adolescents IPe, this rating reaches 54%.
- For the majority of Peruvians, television negatively shows women (63%), older adults (56%) and children (56%).
- The 94% indicates that there is some kind of control in the home about what children and adolescents see on the small screen.
- The 52% has knowledge of the family schedule (6: 00 - 22: 00 hours) and the 48% knows of the right to complain about inappropriate contents in the radio or TV during said schedule.
For the full study, Click here.