Your welcome, Invited
Username: Password: Remember
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colombia and analog blackout: no surprise

Colombia and analog blackout: no surprise #637

The recent call for public consultation of the ANTV to delay the date of the analog blackout, scheduled for the end of this year is no surprise. In fact, I predicted a few weeks ago in this article (in Catalan): exterior.cat/opinio/actuar-estrategicament-a-lexterior-2/
The processes of analogical blackout are highly complex, as they affect technological issues, coordination of all public and private agents involved, complicity of the whole citizenry ... Certainly, each country has its own characteristics, but there are constants in all the previous successful cases that serve and much to know how to meet the challenge. In fact, any date of analogical switch-off of television requires previous guarantees, as regards both the deployment of broadcasts and the domestic adaptation of digital TV (nothing to do with% knowledge or the like). From one of these success stories, in which I actively participated, I wrote an article for Dircom Argentina magazine: www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7827202...tNum=14;src=postname . An experience that I explained in the TDT training seminars that were held at the 2012 in Bogotá, Cali and Barranquilla, but unfortunately did not have continuity in the form of a technical assistance program that could have saved this delay.
Having said that, I am convinced that the extension decided by the ANTV will soon serve to adopt the appropriate measures, and Colombia will join the success cases in the transition from analogue to digital TV.

Please Login o Create Account to join the conversation.

Colombia and analog blackout: no surprise #638

Apologies for an error at the time of typing the owner that I did not detect on time: we are not talking about an "analogue switch-off" but "analog switch-off" :)

Please Login o Create Account to join the conversation.

• Page:
moderators: latinpress, JUANMONTOYA, bperez1, I abidondo, alex4445, valarcon3, rsanta2019